Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

AMH

So my AMH results are in and they're good. 4.14.

Two and a half years ago they were 2.7. They were pretty good then too.

So I have no idea what this means. If anything at all. I thought AMH didn't fluctuate very much and naturally it should go down with age. So I'm a bit confused.

I've been taking French Pine Bark since August for the purpose of improving egg quality. We won't know with any certainty if it has helped until egg retrieval and seeing how the embryos develop. So I don't know that a big increase in my AMH has anything to do with better quality. All my research says not really. Higher AMH usually results in more eggs during stimming, more eggs mean a better chance of having some good eggs. So maybe it's a good thing.

But I had a decent number, if not a really good number of eggs last time. 12 mature. 10 fertilized.

Or maybe it's a sign of PCOS. I mean I don't think I've got PCOS but one website I ran across said above 4 is indicative of PCOS. Ehh, who knows?!

I just have not heard of such a huge increase in AMH levels. Not that I have any readers currently but can anyone out there she'd some light? Anyone, hello? 😝

I have a phone conference scheduled with Dr. McBaby this Wednesday afternoon. So I'm guessing he can shed some light on this for me. Marge did say that they probably weren't going to change my IVF protocol. So that's good. It was considered a "micro IVF" protocol so medications are fairly low dose, which means cheaper!

I remember all of these feelings, worries, obsessions, fears from the three very long years we tried for our first child. They're so much easier to handle now that we've made it to this side. But they still kind of suck!

The what ifs! How comes! What do I do nows!

Mehhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment